Comcast now blocking port 80

Stephen Ronan wrote:

| Unfortunately, the Verizon Fios Terms of Service include this:
|
| "You may not use the Broadband Service to host any type of server
| personal or commercial in nature."
| (http://www.verizon.net/policies/popups/tos_popup.asp)

Hmmm ... Verizon owns the phone wire coming into our house,
but   we   got   around   this  problem  by  going  through
speakeasy.net for our IP service, and of  course  speakeasy
promises  to  not  block ports.  I wonder whether you could
also go through speakeasy to use Verizon's high-speed fibre
lines?