Suse - mouse & keyboard stopped working

So your keyboard and mouse DON'T work at the X login screen, but your
keyboard works on the ttys. Does your mouse work on the ttys?

To find out:
press Ctrl-Alt-F1
does the keyboard accept this? If not, then you'll have to try to boot to
"failsafe" again. At the text terminal, wiggle your mouse. Do you see your
cursor move? You may have to login as root and do a
service gpm start

Are you using USB mice / keyboard and do you have a kernel / module set
that isn't properly initiated?

You might need to modify your X settings for your keyboard and mouse.
Try typing yast when you get logged into your text login.

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)
Network Staff Assistant