Looking for an open source equivalent to Diffzilla

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> writes:

> BTW: The emacs ediff can be used either vertically or horizontally. I am
> primarily C and C++, but diff doesn't really care about languages.

I second Jerry's recommendation of ediff mode under emacs/xemacs.  I
use this all the time with great success.  The original post mentioned
"allows developers to edit and update files being compared in real
time" and I can report that I do this all the time with ediff.

There is also a diff mode available for emacs which handles patch
files.  This mode is extremely handy for dealing with patches that
don't apply cleanly and need a little bit of help in order to apply.

Hope this helps,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit