Use of Root

dsr at tao... writes:

> Overworked IT staff generally indicates a lack of proper tools
> as well as a possible headcount problem.

Unfortunately, I have never worked in an environment where the IT
staff wasn't overworked.  Myself (and engineers like myself) tend to
acquire root privileges, use these to do our jobs, keep our heads
down, and try to make the IT folks jobs as easy as possible (mostly by
never becoming a problem).

I think that we agree that this is a bit of a grey area.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit