Recommended Distro for Web Applications

I think I may disagree with the rank and file here, but....

Linux is free, you should never pay for any licence to use any Linux.

If you want to pay for support, then choose the organization that offers
support for a distribution that includes the technology you wish to use.
Everything else is nonsense.

Don't get roped into nonsense about "enterprise" versions either. This is
microsoft nonsense. Linux works on everything from embedded systems to
high end SMP servers. Most distributions include kernels that will support
high end memory and SMP. Remember, the kernel is free. If the
distribibution does not include a kernel with the features you want
enabled, you can download, create, and distribute a kernel more to your
liking.

Personally, I use Mandrake 10.1

I will be at the Linux World BLU booth on tuesday, February 15, bring 6
blank CDs, and I'll burn you a set of Mandrake 10.1 install CDs.