LinuxWorld brainstorming

> From: David Kramer <david at thekramers.net>
> Subject: LinuxWorld brainstorming
> To: discuss at blu.org
>
> It turns out that we will have electricity in the BLU booth (booth 1333,
> by
> the way), and possibly even internet access.  But what to do with it?
>
> Ideally, I would like to have a laptop in the booth with one or more Linux
> distributions on it.  Some cool apps and games.  Maybe even Christoph's
> ski
> video.  Since I'm going to need my laptop for the classes, I can't
> volunteer
> mine, would someone else be willing to lend us theirs?

Do we need to volunteer a laptop? I think those of us with one, could just
bring one. I was planning to bring mine anyway .. an HP Pavilion with DVD
and CDRW. I've got libdvdcss and can play DVDs.

I am more than willing to bring in a fairly recent build AMD Athlon system
with some decent memory. It looks good, has a black case, and I'll even
spend a few bucks to get a flat screen for it. (It my demo machine anyway)

> Also, I'm trying to think of things to give away.  Maybe some Linux live
> CDs, or rescue CD's.  Or maybe documentation, like the LDP.  Would anyone
> be
> willing to make them, and get reimbursed for the media costs?

Well, I have done a couple trade shows. I think having a system which can
burn CDs on demand is fairly good. I'll run to Microcenter and get a stack
of blank CDs. We can charge a buck each, and donate it to charity.

On the system we'll put tons of ISO images:

Fedora, slack, debian, Mandrake, Knoppix, etc.

For windows users we could bring an image of the OpenCD. Any others?