Linux World Booth

> From: David Kramer <david at thekramers.net>
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Gordon Marx wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:14:32 -0500 (EST), markw at mohawksoft.com
>> <markw at mohawksoft.com> wrote:
>> > We were sort of thinking of looking oh so very professional, suit and
>> tie.
>> > They'll never see it coming!
>> >
>> > (All these assume that this is OK, if not let me know)
>>
>> RMS and ESR might shit themselves. I think you guys shouldn't shave or
>> shower until then, and then wear old, worn-out T-shirts with geeky
>> things like "no, I won't fix your computer" and three separate
>> generations of takeout Chinese stains.
>>
>> Now THAT'S verisimilitude. :--)
>
> I was going to send out an email tonight with a bunch of details for those
> who have signed up for the booth, but geeky is fine!  Maybe even better.
> They'll take us more seriously if we're clearly not marketdroids.

I've been thinking about this long and hard. I think the gruff and dirty
stereotype is old. I'm not saying market droid, but professional. We have
to ask ourselves why we are going. My reasons are to promote Linux, to
show a community support network exists (orgs like blu), that we don't all
look like oscar the grouch (maybe some of us do, but I try not too.), and
lastly, shameless oportunistic exposoure -- it never hurts.

I've been self empolyed now for several years, and its amazing, if you
want to reach someone, a clean suit makes a huge difference. A sad but
true reality.

> DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net
> http://thekramers.net
> DK KD
> DKK D  I'm not saying this stuff is the best thing for you,
> DK KD  I'm just saying it's the best thing EVER.
> DDDD                                            Alton Brown on clotted
> cream

Alton Brown rocks.