Linux World Booth

Mark Woodward wrote:
> I have a Casio CD labler...
>
> Knoppix: Speaking of knopix, maybe someone out there can download the
> latest and modify it to boot in english and maybe banner "BLU Knoppix"

The content on the CDs may be why people grab them, but their benefit to
BLU is to act as a business card, so labeling them is important.

> Are there any demos we would like to do? I can create a PostgreSQL
> database on the demo machine with the US Census TIGER database...

As Hunter points out:

> This is LinuxWorld, the people that come to it are primarily already
> involved. It seems more like a networking opportunity then a chance to
> market to the undecided. Perhaps things more geared towards what BLU
> does and can do for others would be in order....

I don't think BLU needs to be a Linux advocate at LinuxWorld. While
impressive demos may be nice, keep in mind that there will be a hall
full of commercial vendors trying to pull off the same thing.

All BLU needs to do is reinforce the message that open source is
community supported, and BLU provides that local community.

  -Tom