Configuring external PS/2-Through-USB mouse

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 01:19:46AM -0500, David Kramer wrote:
> David Kramer wrote:
> >I'm trying to use an external mouse on my SuSE 9.2 Thinkpad T42 It has
> >no PS/2 port, so I got a PS/2 to USB adapter, and plugged the PS/2 mouse
> >into the adapter, then the adapter into the USB port.  When I plugged
> >the adapter in, SuSE aasked me to verify the new keyboard (??!?!) and
> >mouse.  I tried yast and sax2, and couldn't get either of them to get a
> >configuration that would respond to the mouse.

If the mouse chip doesn't support it, this is unlikely to work.

This mouse is sold in separate USB and PS/2 versions. It won't
work this way. Sorry.

> >For the record, the device is a Hand Track FDM-G11, which is a
> >one-handed mouse you put your finger through.
> >
> >Do I treat it like a PS/2 mouse or a USB mouse?

USB, if it's plugged in that way.

> >What device?

/dev/input/mice

> >How do I specify more than one mouse in this newfangled X.org stuff?

2x Section "InputDevice"

In one, put  Option "CorePointer"
In the other, put Option "SendCoreEvents"

(IIRC)

-dsr-

--
Nothing to sig here, move along.