Unemployed or under-employed -- what to do

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:

> Right now I am pretty well employed, but have had my runs of late, and see
> the end of this contract looming.
>
> I was thinking: there are a lot of bright (under employed) guys on this
> list. The problem, it seems, is that people notice opportunities for which
> they do not have the skill set to try. Maybe it is a few of us that have
> complementary skills and could do domething that we could not singularly.
>
> How about a free discussion about things like "You know what, I think
> *this* would be great to do"
>
> What do you all think?

We could re-establish the jobs mailing list and website section, but....

There is a problem with having too many places to look for, or share,
information.  That information will not be in all of the places one might
look for it, so your success in finding what you need is in part based on
your luck in going to the resource that happens to have what you need.
That's why the Linux Documentation Project was started.  Nobody has time
to search for the 13,483 websites that contain information on Linux to
find the one you need, even with Google.

Likewise, in our area, we have the WIND group
(http://www.windnetworking.net) to help unemployed people (shameless plug:
Yes, I am involved with this project).  They have a mailing list, weekly
meetings, tutorials, "resume swaps", and SIG groups.

There is also a Yahoo Group called "bostoncontractors" for contractors
(shameless plug: started and administered by a friend of mine)

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD