Unemployed or under-employed -- what to do

discuss-bounces at blu.org wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> How about a free discussion about things like "You know what, I
>> think *this* would be great to do"
>>
>> What do you all think?
>
> We could re-establish the jobs mailing list and website section,
> but....

> Likewise, in our area, we have the WIND group
> (http://www.windnetworking.net) to help unemployed people (shameless
> plug: Yes, I am involved with this project).  They have a mailing
> list, weekly meetings, tutorials, "resume swaps", and SIG groups.

For those a bit further out (West, mostly) there is the 495 Networking
Support Group (http://www.495nsg.org).  I believe it's a similar sort of
group, and the website has a searchable database of candidates they've been
marketing to employers (I don't think they're charging).  When I was
looking, that database came in handy and produced a few leads.

 -Don