8- or 10-tape robot under Linux?

Dwight A. Ernest <dwight at significant.com> wrote:
> Hi! I'm looking for any pointers that anyone may have toward functional
> 8- or 10-tape backup robots (regardless of the tape format, though
> comments on that would also be welcome) that would be usable with either
> commercial or OSS driver under Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Go to ebay.com and enter a search for the keyword 'autoloader'.  You can then
search within other categories once you get familiar with how sellers describe
these drives.

Linux will support *any* SCSI-compatible tape jukebox.  They all work the same
way.

One other tip:  if your distro doesn't have it installed already, get an rpm
of the package called 'mtx' and look at the man pages for it.

-rich