New Linux PVR option

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Derek Atkins wrote:
> It's nothing new..  There have always been a set of Video cards that work quite
> well.  I've got a bunch of Hauppauge PVR-250 cards that contain onboard mpeg
> encoders.  They work quite well with MythTV using the IvyTV drivers.
>
> So this hardware isn't anything all that special, it's just yet another option.

It *is* something new.

It's external.
It can be moved from machine to machine.
It will work with a laptop.
It doesn't take up an IRQ.
It has built-in divx encoding.

What hardware was available for Linux that could do all these things
previously?

--
DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DK KD