double posting (was: NUMA)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 07:16:32PM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:25:44 -0500, David Hummel wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 03:59:48PM -0500, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> > >
> > > Please do not double post. When you post both to the sender of the
> > > message to which you are replying and to the list, the recipients
> > > will get 2 copies of the message each.
> >
> > Double posting is not a problem if the following option:
> >
> >   Avoid duplicate copies of messages?
> >
> > is set to "Yes" here:
> >
> >   http://olduvai.blu.org/mailman/options/discuss
> >
> > And it apparently is by default.
> >
> > Otherwise, there is always the "delete" function of your MUA.
>
> No, this is not going to do it.  When you put discuss at blu.org and
> David Hummel <dhml at comcast.net>, both discuss and David will get the
> email. The listserv only sees one copy of the message, but David will
> get 2 copies, and at different times.

Yes, mailman only sees one copy of the message, but it will not send me
this copy if dhml at comcast.net appears in the To: or Cc: headers.

>From the options page for "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?":

 When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
 message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
 Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No
 to receive copies.

What is yours set to?  Did you receive this twice?

-David