enterprise distribution

I can tell you from experience and from being involved with the CentOS
group that it is a very good distro.  It is a direct recompile of RH.
So anything that runs on RH will run on CentOS.  They support numerous
architectures and updates come out within 24 to 48 hours of them being
released from RH.  It's also completely free and has a great community
behind it.

Stay away from Whitebox, since the main guy John won't allow anyone to
help him with the distro, so he's the lone maintainer and it takes
months to get updates out and only supports x86 & x86_64
architectures.

Also stay away from Lineox, they have licensing issues and it costs to
purchase updates.

Scientific Linux/Fermilab is also a good choice, but I find they are
more geared toward the scientific community, but they will work for
any RH type environment.

Also, if you are partial to a RH environment and looking to use this
in your own appliance, you could also build your own clone from the RH
sources.  You would just need to comply with the RH terms by removing
any references to RH including logos.  But remember to leave copyright
notices alone.

--
Matt Shields
http://masnetworks.biz