Redid my network, getting back SMB/NFS

David Kramer wrote:
> I had a SuSE 9.0 combo firewall/everything server with two ethernet
> ports (one internal, one external).  I just got a Linksys WRT54G
> wireless/4 port switch/router/firewall and put it in front of my
> server.  I removed one of the ethernet cards in my server, and hooked
> all the wired machines to the Linksys.  I disconnected my old WAP.  The
> internal address of my server was 192.168.1.1, but the Linksys wants
> that address, so now my server's only card is 192.168.1.2.

Why won't the linksys take a different address. I have never used a
linksys but my older d-link router allows me to change the address via
it's web administration feature, as well as all the other functions,
such as dhcp wep and so forth. This may not have solved the nfs problem
but it sounds like you had a lot of config files to edit to change your
server address.

till next
	Jim