[OT] Python Jobs

As some of you may already know I was at Dragon Systems in the mid 90's
porting their speech recognition product to the Alpha platform (under
NT :( ).

The (then) director of software development just posted this to the
Exdragons list.

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:50:34AM -0400, Sean True wrote:
> > Roger Matus and I wanted to let the exDragon community know that we
> > are off and running on our new company, InBoxer, Inc. InBoxer is the
> > successor to Audiotrieve, LLC and was created to allow us to focus on
> > technologies and products for electronic message filtering.

> > Although we will continue to sell our current product, the InBoxer
> > spam filter, the investors want us to to build products to help keep
> > people from sending inappropriate email messages (think of it as an
> > harassment and liability checker that runs before the message leaves
> > your machine).

> > We are starting to look for technical people: research engineering
> > skills, Windows application development, server development, or
> > Python experience are particularly interesting.

> Hi Sean,
> Would you like this passed on to the main Linux groups for MA and NH?

> And is any of your development done on Linux or UNIX?

In my heart, I would like to do it all on Linux. All shipped code will
be on Windows for the foreseeable future. Since it will all be in Python,
most of it will be pretty crossplatform.

Please pass this along with that caveat.
-- Sean

Sean True
CTO
InBoxer, Inc.

send replies to: "Sean True" <seant at webreply.com>

Personal notes: Sean lead software at Dragon during the period of
time that their new continuous speech recognition (CSR) product was
developed.

That product, "Dragon Naturally speaking" is still considered the best
"CSR" on the market today. (it is now owned by "ScanSoft")

Managing large groups of software developers is never an easy task. At
Dragon Sean was an excellent leader who took care of his people.  He
understands software development from both the developers and business
needs perspectives.

Full Disclosure: I have no relationship with Sean's company, financial or
otherwise. I'm posting this because I believe it will be a good place
to work. (even if it is (currently) windows oriented :).