backing up a whole hard disk

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies, and I didn't know that there was a filesystem
for Linux being developed that really supported writing to NTFS (last time
I checked, the one in the kernel only supported it if you were writing to
a file that already existed and weren't changing the size).

I tried using nfs, and the file that I was creating inexplicably stopped
growing after I had transferred about 3gb of compressed data (neither
machine showed any error), so I am following Nathan's suggestion and
seeing if I have any better luck over ssh.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --