Linux on Alpha...

I could have said that more articulately. In the gentoo case, many things
are usable, but are nonetheless marked experimental. My understanding is
that this situation also applies to much of Debian. "Stability" seems to
take into account feedback from the users, and since an alpha user group
is drastically smaller than an x86 group, it follows that this cycle drags
out longer.

http://packages.gentoo.org/

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)