Telnet/ssh programs

I've been searching for a long time to for a telnet/ssh/console program for
Linux that has the features of PuTTY for Windows.  Yes, PuTTY is available
for Linux, but the Linux version isn't nearly as powerful as the Windows
version.

The thing that's missing most from Konsole, which I otherwise love, is
storing session information like what the backspace/delete keys are, what
the window title should be, idle protection, stuff like that.  PuTTY for
Linux comes close, but they eliminated the menu, so you can't change
anything about a session once it's launched.

A text (non-X) version would  be cool, too.

My immediate frustration is that I need to use an old P233 clunker of a
laptop for part of my current project to connect to a SCO UNIX box, and I
can't get backspace/delete to work, no matter how I play with stty.  On my
current Windows laptop running PuTTY, I just tell it "for this host,
backspace is ^H", and it works.