Fwd: Delivery report

On Wed, 18 May 2005 21:23:54 -0400, <trlists at clayst.com> wrote:

>> Is there anyway to filter real mail deliver errors (for messages I
>> actually sent) from the crap ones?

> I don't think so.  You could use a Bayesian filter and start marking
> the spam ones as spam but my guess is it would not be able to tell the
> difference very well and some real ones would get marked that way too.

Although I'm quite lucky as to spam, I use the Opera browser (8.0) for
e-mail, and its internal trainable filter (proprietary) works well for me.
I don't worry about confusing it, just re-label messages as Spam or Not
Spam.

Fairly sure Speakeasy (my primary ISP) uses SpamAssassin before I get
messages from them. I have set up my account there to modify messages it
regards as spam to include "[Spam]" in the Subject line.

I also have an (older) shell account at TheWorld in Brookline; World seems
to send on most of my spam, and probably block some messages that are not.

HTH, just a little.

{Btw, I'm almost 100% lurker on BLU, so far. Libranet 3.0 here, on an old
Compaq Deskpro DP 4000 tower --nb}

--
Nicholas Bodley  /*|*\ Waltham, Mass. (Not "MA")
The curious hermit -- autodidact and polymath