sshd issue

proftpd supports authentication against a sql database (MySQL or
PostgreSQL), meaning you can make up accounts that have no bearing in
reality, except to proftpd, aka, you only give ftp access, and you don't
have to remember to set their shells to nologin.

This feature, along with the virtualization stuff you've already
discovered, are just some of the reasons proftpd is so awesome.

Good luck.

--
David Backeberg (dave at math.mit.edu)
Network Staff Assistant