Wireless SRX technology

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 10:11 am, trlists at clayst.com wrote:

> I've not found this -- I've often found it is easy to pull, especially
> if either the room abuts the bathroom (use the pipe chase to pull
> cable), you can find how electrical and phone wires are run to the room
> and that area is open, or it is on the first floor and the basement is
> unfinished.  However it is hard if the room is on an upper floor with
> no acccess to piping or other wire runs.
>

> On the wall jacks, adding htem to existing plaster walls would be a lot
> of work.  But surface mount on baseboards is easy.
The last cable I pulled was a CAT5 to a room upstairs. I could never get the
cable working with my crimped connector, so I just bought the right size
cable with the connector attached. If reasonably priced wireless were
available then, I would have used it. We built an addition a few years ago,
and had that cabled for TV and cat5.
But, I think today with decent wireless routers available for well under
$100, it does not make sense to pull cable unless you really need the
additional bandwidth.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group