Personal Server

This is more about hosting than linux, but I figure others may be curious.

I've got a server, Sun Ultra 1, in my home hosting my email and website.
I'm just using my Comcast connection and the magic of zone edit to keep the
domain name properly accessible.  This works ok for right now, but I think
at some point in the future I'd like to have something a bit more
(robust|legitimate|professional).  Any thoughts on this?

I'll admit I'm a little wary of giving up control to a hosting provider who
may or may not let me run or install certain things, as well as a co-lo
who is far away and expensive for little old me.

grazie

--
"Could I have been anyone other than me?"
--Dave Matthews Band--

Kindly yours,
Billy SG McCarthy