Wanted a few good men, er, Linux guys?

Yes, my experience with FC4 has been much better.  I expect to test 2
other installations that have dual boot configs this week and will report
back if any issues come up.  One will have XP Pro and the other XP Home.

I learned from Jerry Feldman that is best to install with seperate
partitions for /home, /usr/local, and any other custom data directory like
/opt.  Then you can do a full install of a new distribution while leaving
those partitions in tact but putting everything else on a reformated /
partition having the new distro.

This what I started doing as of FC2.  I found that FC4 wants to use LVM,
so when I went about installing FC4 over FC3 while maintaining my custom
data partitions, I had to select manual partitioning with Disk Druid where
I could see each of the previous partitions and their old label.  In Disk
Druid, I edited each partition that I wanted to preserve and checked the
option to preserve data and selected to keep the old label.  That all
worked very well.  I don't know LVM that well so I didn't want to risk
goinging with Automatic partitioning with the Edit option enabled.

- Steven Erat