Booting off USB drive

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Have you considered VMware?
>
>-derek
>
>Samuel Donham <sam at machine15.com> writes:

I've used VMware at work, it's good stuff for what you describe the need
to be.
 The free alternative might be to use Xen, but the setup time may be too
great. [ie haven't  done it :) ]
 http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/  -- claims to be able
to run any
"reasonable" linux distro in a VM.