New England Agile Bazaar meeting 07/14: Agile software development

                        * MEETING NOTICE *

           New England Agile Bazaar - Next Meeting July 14th

TOPIC: Test Driven Development for Embedded Software,
                       Hands-On Tutorial

PRESENTERS:
   Nancy Van Schooenderwoert - Experienced as team leader for
         embedded software teams using Extreme Programming.
   Ron Morsicato - Experieced XP developer, with background in
         embedded development, safety-critical software, and
         simulation.
   David Kramer - Main author of the TDD framework to be used in
         the tutorial, expert on Linux and open source development.

ABSTRACT: This hands-on tutorial will show participants how to do
         "test first" style software development for embedded
         software. We'll use a simple application in C on an ARM
         processor. There will be one hardware setup, and volunteers
         from the audience will pair program. All the action will
         be viewable on the large screen projection system, so
         audience can comment, and participate as code is written.
         This tutorial will be presented by Agile Rules at the
         upcoming Agile 2005 conference July 24-29.

DATE: Thursday, July 14th

TIME: 6:00 - 9:30pm:
           6-6:30 Announcements;
           6:30 - 7:30 TDD tutorial;
           7:30 - 8:00 break for food;
           8:00 - 9:30 more TDD tutorial
           Please arrive by 6pm. We'll start promptly at 6pm.

LOCATION: Halligan Hall Room 111, Tufts University, 165 College Ave,
           Medford MA.

COST: $10 (collected at the door, primarily covering food)

RSVP: to nancyv at agilerules.com - PLEASE put "RSVP" in subject line
           All attendees must RSVP so we can set up the room and plan
           the food. You may cancel an RSVP using this address, too.

DIRECTIONS:  Use the campus map at
http://www.tufts.edu/home/maps/medford/ to find Halligan Hall,
165 College Ave, Medford, MA.  This map can also  be used to find
nearby parking, including the main ($5 fee) parking garage at Dowling
Hall, 419 Boston Avenue, Medford, MA.

                   About New England Agile Bazaar

The New England Agile Bazaar is a group of software engineers,
software managers, and software test professionals who are now using
Agile software methodologies or who are considering using them. "Agile
methodologies" includes Scrum, Extreme Programming, DSDM, Crystal Light,
to name a few. What they all have in common is an iterative, flexible
approach to software development that enables teams to deliver on their
commitments while using simple rules to balance risks.