[OT] Does anyone have a spare CDMA Cellphone?

This doesn't help in the slightest for CDMA, but yes this works fine
for GSM phones, Cingular / ATT and T-Mobile, as well as most phones
every where else in the world. In fact, if you have one of those
three companies, once you are past the contract-cancelation period
and are locked in, you can call them up and ask for the code to
unlock your phone. Since you are tied in to them anyway, they usually
won't have a problem giving it to you. If they do, tell them you want
to use your phone internationally.

I have Cingular and last summer my phone bit the dust from too much
water. I bought an unlocked Vodaphone (UK only) model on eBay and
have been using that every since with my Cingular chip. The only
thing to watch out for is to make sure the phone you get supports the
US frequency bands. A tri-band phone is usually more than enough.

-Josh