skills interested in doing test automation, framework development,
etc.

Feel free to forward this to off-list people and lists. Please send
resumes to my address - jnoller at gmail.com

Posting:

Senior QA Engineer ? Test Automation

Archivas is actively seeking a highly motivated, self-starting QA
Engineer with a strong development background to help in the
development of automated tests. In this position, you will be
responsible for defining, executing and developing tests to help to
increase or test coverage and to ensure product quality. This will
require strong development skills and  solid QA skills . You will also
be responsible for the analysis, report generation, and communication
of test results.

Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Develop test plans and test cases to ensure product quality.
- Automate tests (preferably in Python or Java) to be executed in our
Automated Test Framework (written in Python)
- Test development and execution at all levels (unit, component,
integration and system, white box and black box)
- Develop and maintain testing tools/scripts (preferably written in
Python or Java)
- Report product defects and track defects to closure.
- Work closely with development to resolve escalated issues.
- Help prioritize product defects and feature requests.
- Help review and contribute to product documentation.
- Act as backup and escalation path for Technical Support.
- Assist in the support of beta customers.

Position requirements include:
- 5+ years experience testing systems products
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of Software Quality
Assurance methodologies
- Experience developing automated test cases
- Strong development experience in scripting or programming languages
(specifically: Python or Java).
- Experience testing and developing automated tests for a mixed Linux
(*nix) and Windows environments required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.

Additional Skills (a plus):
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgresQL or SQL
- Experience with QA testing tools: code coverage analysis tools,
performance testing tools, automated test tools
- Experience with software development tools: source code control
system such as Perforce or ClearCase, build tools such as ant or make,
and bugtracking tools like Bugzilla or ClearQuest.