removing a Linux Keylogger

Kent Borg wrote:
> Use your own computer.  I have a Panasonic "Toughbook" W2.  It is very
> small and light, its power supply is even small and light.  It is easy
> to haul around.  If you can't afford that, buy a largish, used, Linux
> PDA, haul it around, and ssh from it.
On some I Can't. Some are servers that do not allow access in from
outside (I get xterms or winterms sent to me remotely from these
machines by the end-user). Technically, these should be safe (to some
extent), provided that they have always been this way. However, I know
that some have definitively been hacked and then put behind a firewall,
and I have doubts if these were ever completely reloaded. All in all,
there are likely some cases in which I will need to login from a remote
machine to my machine, so the possibility of connecting to my machine
from a compromised machine is probably inevitable.

> If you really must use hacked computers to login into your computer,
> then set up one-time-pad passwords.  (I haven't done this but I think
> there is Linux support out there someplace.)  Someone could still
> listen in on what you do, even hijack a session if s/he were clever,
> but it would stop password replay.

Yeah, I was actually thinking I could actually just setup an account
that has limited access to my machine, and just enable it when needed,
and then disable it when I am done (probably just change the shell to
/bin/false). This would accomplish what is required without needing me
to recreate the environment everytime.
Thanks,
Grant M.