Say goodbye to Speakeasy

Anthony Gabrielson wrote:

> they don't.  Although this decision does hurt smaller companies it will
> help convergence and the customer in the long run.  I think in the end
> there will be one of two options available per home one bill to the
> power company and another bill to another company for the other three or
> just one bill to the power company.  The result in the long run, in my
> opinion, is better for the consumer as we will have more options for all
> of the services we would like.

How does taking away options, and making it so only utility companies can be
ISPs, give us more options?

I very much doubt this will benefit the consumer.  The only good ISPs are
ISPs first, not utilities that also offer ISP.  I would fight long and hard
before having to rely on my power or phone company for all seven network layers.