Verizon Fios

On Aug 8, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Tom Metro wrote:

> where they'll notify you when it becomes available. (If it ends up
> anything like cable modem service for business, the answer will be
> practically never. I signed up on a similar form at Comcast
> (actually one or two name changes ago) and never heard from them.
> RCN now offers cable modem service for business (though the terms
> are a joke), but I don't think Comcast ever did.)

We have Comcast business cable modem, it works fine for our 25 person
company. We are migrating to a wireless (satellite) T1 system soon as
a temporary, possibly permanent solution. I'm serving as one of the
IT guys until we get around to hiring a real one, but I've been
staying out of the provisioning side of things so I have no idea what
our terms are. I do know the satellite service is $500/mo and has a
latency of 75ms.

-Josh