cdr problems

1. Your email still comes across miscoded:

WRT: Media check. We just scip the stupid media check here.
I don't think we've written an ISO (usually RHEL) that passes the media
check.

Note that on my system, SuSE 9.3, the system has already created
the /dev./sr nodes:
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   0 2005-03-19 14:36 sr0
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   1 2005-03-19 14:36 sr1
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,  10 2005-03-19 14:36 sr10
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,  11 2005-03-19 14:36 sr11
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,  12 2005-03-19 14:36 sr12
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,  13 2005-03-19 14:36 sr13
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,  14 2005-03-19 14:36 sr14
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,  15 2005-03-19 14:36 sr15
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   2 2005-03-19 14:36 sr2
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   3 2005-03-19 14:36 sr3
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   4 2005-03-19 14:36 sr4
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   5 2005-03-19 14:36 sr5
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   6 2005-03-19 14:36 sr6
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   7 2005-03-19 14:36 sr7
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   8 2005-03-19 14:36 sr8
brw-r-----   1 root disk     11,   9 2005-03-19 14:36 sr9

try the following:
mknod --mode=0640 /dev/sr0 b 11 0

This assumes that major 11 driver is installed (which it should be).

--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Partner Technology Access Center (contractor) (PTAC-MA)