OT: query on world.std.com

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 07:18:07PM -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:
> > Amazingly, this is a plausible reason for the outage. (No, I will not be
> > renewing our contract with TowerStream. Nor do I recommend that anyone
> > use them until they get their act together...)
>
> I haven't heard much about TS other than their advertising, and the
> comment above.  From a customer's perspective, what have you experienced
> to lead to the decision not to renew?

Service interruptions. They are unacceptably frequent, and the
SLA is not strong enough to make them do anything to alleviate
the situation.

Install time is wonderful. They can literally bring you a T1 or
higher in 2-3 days from first contact. They are liberal with
allocations of IP space, and their customer support phone queues
are short. Connectivity is excellent. Latency is excellent.

But none of that matters if you lose the connection and all the
phone folks can tell you is "There's a problem at the Pru,
engineers are on site, no ETA."

-dsr-