Fw: usb drive corrupt

well, i've tried pretty much everything that's been suggested,
directly or via links.
still no dice!
i've reformated, no change!
i've /dev/zero'd the mbr, no change!
i'm at the point where i'm going to wave a dead chicken over it.  if
that doesn't help, i can save the chicken for saturday's bbq!

the drive still functions with linux and macs as a fat filesystem.
uncle bill still thinks the drive is corrupted, like him!