AIX Compiler Version

On Thursday 25 August 2005 8:34 am, johnmalloy at comcast.net wrote:
> I am running AIX 5.2 and need to find out the AIX Compiler Version
> running.
>
> Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a good way to do that. The best
> way seems to be to check the installed software list.
>
> In particular, I used lslpp -L | grep   <some text>
>

> any other suggestions?
Did you try using -v or -V?
Just try cc -v or cc -V

Compilers sometimes display their versions when compiling.
Also note that you are dealing with 3 or 4 different pieces of software:
1. The compiler driver (This is the cc command it calls the other steps)
2. The pre-processor - may be integrated with the front end.
3. The front end. This is the lexer/parser. It produces a parse tree.
4. The back end. This generates the object code or assembly code to pass to
the assembler.
Take a look in /usr/ccs/lib/cmplrs

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>