Comcast and port 25 blocking

<quote who="Bill Horne" date="Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 06:22:05PM -0400">
> My motivation is that I've been running a small distribution list on my
> server, for the leaders in my son's Boy Scout troop. Although SSH is a
> good idea, I must have port 25 access to the server in order for the
> scout leaders to use the list.

Maybe your home DSL/cable connection really isn't the place for this
(or any) list. I suspect the terms of service say that it isn't.

There a number of places that offer UML or Xen based virtual servers
(root and all) for as low as $5 or $10 a month. Rimuhosting,
Redwoodvirtual, Linode, (three that I have used) and many many others
all have offers that might work. Especially for something as resource
unintensive as this.

Regards,
Mako

--