PGP Links & Notes

On Monday 29 August 2005 7:55 pm, Matt Brodeur wrote:

> I have now signed and mailed the keys for everyone who participated in
> the verification.  Thanks to those who've done the same for me.  If
> you were part of the key signing and haven't received all of the
> necessary signatures from me, let me know.  I found out as the
> messages went out that the script was using "localhost.localdomain" in
> the SMTP greeting.
I wrote my own 20 line simple script.
First, for each key I manually downloaded the latest version from the
keyserver. (I had not yet written the script).
Then I signed each of the keys as appropriate. Some I had already signed.
My script then did the rest:
It takes 2 arguments, keyid and email address. (I could have used one
argument and gotten the other from the key, but I didn't think of it at the
time).
Here is that the script does:
extract the signed key as an ascii-armor key file.
encrypt the key file
Generate the text message to a file inserting the appropriate keyid and
email address save in temp file.
Concatenate the encrypted key to the temp file.
Sign the temp file creating an ascii-armor signed message with the encrypted
key.
email the file to the recipient with the appropriate subject.
For next year, I plan to update the script to take a list of key ids, and
automate the process a bit more.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group