Stop mail from bouncing

Josh ChaitinPollak wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2005, at 9:45 AM, Matthew Gillen wrote:
>
>> Josh ChaitinPollak wrote:
>>
>>> We recently split the ldap and mail servers onto two separate  boxes  to
>>> make them more reliable, but this seems to have only caused more
>>> problems. Should I be mirroring the ldap config on the mail server?
>>>

>> You should have a slave LDAP server *somewhere*.  Not being able to  look
>> up user info causes so many problems that every  major network user- info
>> system (NIS, LDAP, Active Directory, etc) has explicit support for
>> slave/secondary servers.
>

> How do our client applications and daemons figure out when and where  to
> connect to the slave ldap server? Most applications I've seen only  have
> entries for a primary server..

I think you just have a space-separated list of hosts:
>From 'man ldap.conf'

       HOST <name[:port] ...>
              Specifies  the  name(s)  of an LDAP server(s) to which the
LDAP library should connect.  Each server)B?s
              name can be specified as a domain-style name or an IP
address and optionally followed by a )B?:? and the
              port  number  the ldap server is listening on.  A space
separated list of hosts may be provided.  HOST
              is deprecated in favor of URI.

       URI <ldap[s]://[name[:port]] ...>
              Specifies the URI(s) of an LDAP server(s) to which the
LDAP library should connect.   The  URI  scheme
              may  be  either  ldapor ldaps which refer to LDAP over TCP
and LDAP over SSL (TLS) respectively.  Each
              server)B?s name can be specified as a domain-style name or
an  IP  address  literal.   Optionally,  the
              server)B?s  name  can followed by a ?:? and the port number
the LDAP server is listening on.  If no port
              number is provided, the default port for the scheme is
used (389 for ldap://, 636  for  ldaps://).   A
              space separated list of URIs may be provided.

--Matt