Could comcast be blocking port 6667 outbound?

Well, I spoke too soon; it quickly stopped working.  SO I had my router
clone my desktop's ip address, still had the same problems with IRC, then
hooked the cable modem directly to my desktop and did not have any trouble
even with the same IP address.  So it seems that my problems are being
caused by my router.  It always works for a few seconds after the
connection goes up, then stops working.

And I am obviously not very good at explaining what I am trying to do;
every tech support person I have spoken with tonight has misunderstood me
and thought that I needed to enable some sort of port forwarding when all
I actually want is for the NAT to work as it does for any other outbound
connection.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --