BUG, as in "Boston User Groups"

Jeff Kinz wrote:
> Hey all, - does anyone know if BUG (Of which we are a member group...)
> is still actively in operation?
>
> Or has it simply petered out?

Actually, there was a board meeting in March, and Jerry and I were there.
There was all sorts of proactive talk, some people were elected to the board
(including myself).  I'm on all the mailing lists.

There was another board meeting scheduled in June, and it was cancelled the
day before because of one person's scheduling conflict.  It was never
rescheduled.

Of all the BUG mailing lists I'm on I've only seen posts about sysadmin
issues and LUG meeting announcements.  Not one email since about another
meeting, any action proposals, or even "Is this thing on?".

The majority of my emails to the group or the president go unanswered.  I
even proposed a new LUG to bring in to the fold, one of their initiatives,
and it took several emails to get a response.

Draw your own conclusion.

The automated parts of the group work fine, as in the calendar on the
website and the RSS feed, but I don't get the impression that anyone's been
at the wheel actively steering for some time now.