OpenDocument standard reaches state government

Microsoft,

 >>You can read the docs here:
 >>
 >>        http://www.mass.gov/Aitd/
 >

 >There is some perspective presented here:
 >
 >        http://www.consortiuminfo.org/bulletins/sep05.php#feature

I don't think that the idea of open standards for documents is anything
newer than a few decades or so.
I once worked for a company that made its initial fortune doing work
with sgml
for the department of energy.
Or that is at least how the story went as told to me. By the time I
worked there they had moved into
content management systems for online content. Anyway, a quick google
seems to reveal that
the DOE still uses sgml.
http://xml.coverpages.org/doe-tags.html
Besides the obvious opportunity to make fun of big companies that are
disliked by many
the whole concept is a big yawner. Like so many things, what was old is
now new again.