CompTIA Linux+ Certification

Hi All,

    I am considering going for the CompTIA Linux+ Certification. The company I work for seems to acknowledge it as a desirable certification.

    I am hoping not to start a thread as to whether or not this is a worthwhile certification, or on the pros or cons of certifications in general. I do realize that there are strong opinions and valid points on both sides of this argument.

    Has anyone on this list taken the test? I would be interested in your feedback, especially on what study materials or classes you have taken. I am very interested in recommendations for good Study Material. I would also be interested in what study material to avoid.

    Just so you have a little of my background I have taken several Linux classes over the years. I have and do work with Linux but not on a daily basis in my current job. I have several certifications Novell CNE, Microsoft MCP, CompTIA Network+ and CDIA+. The only reason I mention this is I am not brand new to certification tests.

    Thanks in advance for any helpful comments regarding how to best prepare for this test!

                                        Regards,
                                   Vince McHugh
                              Digital Solutions Manager
                              Ricoh Business Systems