Open Source Project -- Java, PHP, Postgres, SQLite, etc.

OK, I have an open source program that's been out for a few years. It is
moderately used but hardly known. The project name is "msession." It is
designed to be a daemon for session management for a web farm of PHP
servers. There is an extension in PHP for it. (I've contemplated just
canceling the project for a while)

I am giving it one more try and reworking it and renaming it "MCache," and
have a bigger strategy.

There are a few pieces to the puzzle. MCache, the high speed daemon, it is
currently being tested and looks good. I have XMLDBX, a simple XML data
specification (XMLDBX -- XML DataBase eXchange), used to transfer
semi-structured data between applications. I have a PHP serializer that
encodes and decodes in XMLDBX( While generates about 30% large data files,
reports have been that it is faster than PHP's on serializer). I am
working on a set of PostgreSQL and SQLite functions that will allow you to
query against data stored in the database as a varchar formatted in
XMLDBX.

If anyone is interested in helping out, here's what is needed:

XMLDBX - Java, encode and decode java session data into and out of XMLDBX
formatted XML.

MCache - Java, read and write session data from mcache in Java.

If you want to work with MySQL, a few functions that will extract specific
data elements from an XMLDBX formatted XML in a database. You can use the
SQLite/PostgreSQL code as a template.

The end-result is a stand-alone session management system that allows java
and PHP to use each-other's session data, allows the back-end storage
system to use the session data, and all this with an optional caching
mechanism that reduces database access.

The licence will be GPL.

Anyone interested?