API or utility to generate PRN files?

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 1:15 pm, David Backeberg wrote:
>
>>never heard of a .prn. I take it to mean that you're trying to generate
>>the postscript printing output from an excel spreadsheet as if Excel
>>itself had expelled the document? To make life easier on yourself, you
>>might try buying this off-the-shelf if money isn't a factor. I'm sure
>>somebody has done this before.
>
> .prn is the suffix for print files on Windows. There are a number of ways
> you can convert from .prn to .ps or to .pdf.

I believe the OP wants to convert from .xls to .prn. I assume he wants a
command-line tool, just like I did for my resume Makefile.

The one piece I was missing was something to convert from .rtf to
msword97 .doc. I'm able to do that manually by running OpenOffice and
poking at the Save As  menu item, of course, but that's not the same as
having a command I can stick into a Makefile.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager