[Fwd: Job: Linux Evangelist]

I know nothing else about this position

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Linux Evangelist
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:05:17 -0600
From: Deborah Richard <drichard at pedley-richard.com>
To: <david at thekramers.net>

David,

In researching for a Linux Evangelist , I ran across your name. I am an
Executive Recruiter working on a position to be located in Austin Texas.
I am enclosing several positions for your review.  Our client is a
global supplier of integrated circuits for the personal and networked
computer and communications markets with manufacturing facilities in the
United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia.

Does anyone come to mind that would be good to have a conversation with
regarding this search? * Are there any trade organizations, distributor
associations, listservs etc. that you might recommend?

All referrals will be held in strict confidence, unless you indicate
otherwise. Please feel free to contact me for more information or pass
this along to anyone that might have an interest. I am enclosing the job
description below for your review.

regards,

Deb Richard

Software/Middleware Evangelist (Linux/Non Microsoft)

As part of a team to drive a rapidly growing business, this digital
media professional will have a broad experience base in Linux and other
non-Microsoft Software/Middleware. Experience in STB, IPSTB, pay per
view, or other media related software middleware is required. The focus
will be on developing optimized solutions for computing and connected
platforms for digital media entertainment applications and consumer
electronics devices.

The position is part Architect, part Business Development, part
Strategy. This person will work inside and outside the company, with key
partners, customers, architects, and consortia to represent and lead the
company's efforts in the consumer digital media market. This includes
driving external requirements in the industry and driving internal
requirements which will ultimately result in product/platform
requirements.  The evangelist role will also require participating, and
ideally leading, standards bodies where applicable.  Ability to drive
direction and communicate clearly is required.  Ideal candidate has an
advanced degree or commensurate experience directly related to the field
of interest.  Excellent communication skills are expected.  Position is
located in Austin, TX.  Relocation is available.

Deborah Richard
President
Pedley-Richard & Associates
7719 Wood Hollow Ste 216
Austin, Texas 78731
512-418-3256
drichard at pedley-richard.com <mailto:drichard at pedley-richard.com>

DDDD   My 1983 Plymouth Voyager used to run on for five minutes or so after
DK KD  shutoff on anything lower than 89 octane.
DKK D  This was a misinterpreted signal on my part.  I thought that the car
DK KD  was asking for higher-octane gas.  It was really asking to be
DDDD   pushed off a cliff into an abandoned quarry.           - Todd Finney