break-in attempts on my server

On Sunday 20 November 2005 5:15 pm, David Kramer wrote:
> So I tried to send mail from my laptop to my server a few minutes ago,
> and it said connection refused.  I thought that was pretty rude, so I
> figured I would have a talk with Postfix.
>
> But Postfix was dead.  Long live Postfix.
I forgot to add that after YaST completes the downloading and installation,
it also runs SuSEConfig which, among other things, stops and starts various
services. It is possible that somehow the SuSEConfig possibly stopped
Postfix without restarting it.

Normally, I run YOU manually because I want to know what is being installed.
I sometimes manually restart some of the services, especially when they may
relate to KDE.
--
Jerry Feldman <gerald.feldman at hp.com>
Linux Expertise Center (PTAC-MA/TX)