gcc 3.4 vs 4.0

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm actually writing the software, or
building it from source, I'm in the position of  defining what target
platform to do the development on. Thus if I choose gcc 4.0, it would be
because it would have better optimizations, etc, but the down side would
be that its buggier. Some people will never adopt a X.0 version of a
package since they deam it unstable, (and I know for a fact this was the
case with 4.0.0, my matrox G450 didn't work after I did an upgrade to
FC4, it took about 6 months for a patched version of gcc to come out and
the associated xorg updates.) Anyway, any help or suggestions of the
merits of gcc 4 vs gcc 3 is greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Steve.