Boston Linux Installfest XVIV Saturday December 10, 2005 Channel 5, Needham

Drew Taylor wrote:

 > As for asterisk, I've installed the Asterisk at home distribution
 > recently and found it very easy to use. I haven't done too much with
 > it, but it found the TDM-400 hardware automatically and I had no
 > problem adding an IAX2 trunk to an outgoing provider.

> In my earlier reply I failed to mention that I would be perfectly  happy
> with it happening in conjunction with the regular installfest.  I agree
> that there wouldn't be enough need for a separate event.
>
> You can use a VoIP provider for network-only calling. voipjet.com  will
> give you a $0.25 credit when you sign up for their service  ($0.013/min
> US). I haven't looked for an incoming-call provider yet.
>
> Drew

If you want to coordinate an Asterisk breakout session, and you think
you can put it together in the next nine days, that would be great.

There's always next year; I'm planning on scheduling the next
Installfest in the spring, in the basement at MIT E-51 where we used to
hold the Installfests.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9