Solved. (was Re: Comcast SMTP / Thunderbird woes)

I called comcast earlier to ask about it and was told that the block was
coming frolm hotmail and that they had a virus in their system and were
blocking emails.  Apparently other people are able to email people with
hotmail addresses, so I'm wondering if what the tech told me was
accurate.  If that were the case, then I'd expect to get a bounce, not a
"permit denied" error.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --